Thursday, August 24, 2006


James Wilson Elliott, 35, died August 21, 2006 from injuries sustained in an ATV accident. He was born January 12, 1971 in San Antonio Texas, to Dayton Wayne and Phyllis Sharlene Murray Elliott Sr. James married Crystal Thomas on February 2, 1999 in Vernal.

James loved being outdoors camping, Hunting Bear, Mountain Lions and most of all coons; he enjoyed watching football and NASCAR and spending time with his family and friends.

James is survived by his Wife, Crystal and Children: Preston, Gunner, Spring, Payton and Ashley. Father and Mother-in-law Dale & Suzette Boren; Brothers William, Dayton Jr. and wife Renea, Charles Conan and wife Jen, John and wife Casey, Nathan and wife Sara, & Kevin; Sisters, Melissa and husband Kenny Cantrell, Evonne Leggett, Sheila and husband Tim Jones, Jeri Marie Robertson, and many uncles, aunts, cousins, nieces and nephews.

Funeral Services will be on Friday, August 25, 2006 at 11:00 am at the Uintah LDS Stake Center (4080 South 2500 East) Friends and family may call at Thomson-Blackburn Vernal Mortuary on Tuesday evening from 6-8 pm and one hour prior to the services at the Chapel. Burial will be in the Vernal Memorial park, In lieu of flowers donations may be made to James Wilson Elliott Trust Fund at Mountain America Credit Union. Routing # 324079555 Acc# 8547742 Attn: Christy Griffs

A Memorial Service will be held Saturday, September 2, 2006 at 11:00 am at the Jimerson Funeral Home in Carthage, Texas.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was so sorry to hear about James' accident. I remember him just as Jason Travis did..... fearless. He was alot younger than I am, but he use to come in to Cottons Store when i worked there years ago, he was a hoot back then and that sort of personality does not go away. His body may be gone, but his spirit will live on in each and everyone who ever knew him. My love and prayers go out to the family.

8:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I still lived in Carthage, I would sure have gone to the memorial that was held an hour ago for James. I knew him years ago when he used to come over to my home all the time to see my son Robby. He ALWAYS had a big smile on his face. He was so pleasant and very funny. I never saw him sad. He lived in my kitchen, and was always talking about his day. Even thou I never met his family in Beckville, I know he was happy there with them and ALL his friends. I knew a lot of his friends through my son. They were all very nice young men, and each of them also seemed to always have a smile, and seemed to enjoy life to the fullest.
Pearl (Brian), was like a son to me, and James was welcomed on the 21st of August with open arms from him. As I remember, both of them were very, very close. With both of them with our father in heaven, it will give some comfort for the rest of us that miss him/them very much.

Thank you very much for this blog, and all the information on James. I will pass along the memorial information and the address for the trust fund.

My heart goes out to James’ family and friends. – God Bless all of you.

Sincerely,
Debbie (Stafford) Harrison

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home